India as a Medical Tourism DestinationIndia is considered the leading country promoting medical tourism-and now it is moving into a new area of “medical outsourcing,” where subcontractors provide services to the overburdened medical care systems in western countries. Among modern India’s achievements is its really significant contribution to global healthcare delivery. It is now highly regarded worldwide as a quality provider of medical talent and healthcare delivery. The combination of high quality, world-class, affordable surgery costs and Healthcare Services is attracting a regular stream of foreign patients to India in 2003; as many as 150,000 medical tourists came to India. The figure is growing at 20% year on year. According to a CII-McKinsey Study, Medical Tourism alone can contribute the additional US $2.2 billion in revenue to Indian Hospitals by 2012.
India offers several super speciality hospitals dedicated to providing cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery, orthopaedic surgery (including knee and hip replacement surgery), Neurosurgery, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Ophthalmology, Paediatrics, Reproductive Medicine, Urology and Cosmetic treatments. With a gigantic boost in medical tourism, India has seen a massive upsurge in private sector hospitals that are devoted to overseas patients.
The following factors make India a preferred destination for Medical Tourism:
- Affordable and inexpensive costs of medical care services, approximately 30 % to 70 % lower than the costs in the United States, make Health Tourism to India highly appealing to an overseas patient.
- Highly skilled, experienced and trained doctors, physicians and surgeons, of international fame and repute, perform the most complicated surgeries and procedures. Further, the doctors are supported by a strong, comprehensive and well trained paramedical force comprising of nurses, technicians, attendants, clinical coordinators, and nutritionists.
- The amenities offered by the hospitals are all state of the art, and the technological expertise utilized by the doctors is world class and latest.
- There is virtually zero wait time involved.
- Domestic healthcare majors besides having alliances with major Medical Institutions in the US and UK for Clinical Protocols, training and exchanges are now acquiring accreditation of their hospitals, allowing global Health Insurance Companies to send patients to their hospitals. With a $40 billion-plus Health Travelers market, growing at over 20% a year, there's no stopping India now.
International Patient Services
Vijaya recognizes that International Patients have special needs and requirements. In order to provide a highly specialized service, Vijaya offers seamless patient services of world-class quality. From the warmth of our greeting at the airport, to your registration and discharge, we have created an unparalleled service in our Vijaya International Patient Service Centre Chennai.
As part of our International Patients Services, we provide the following:
- Second Medical Opinion Services
- Fill up the ‘Enquiry Form’ or mail us your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our communication division will respond to your query.
- Airport Pick up and Drop Service
Once decided about visiting our Hospital for Treatment, we would require the following details in order to make arrangements for airport pick up:
- Date & Time of Arrival
- Name of the airline
- Flight Name & Number
On arrival, you will be received by our representative and taken to our Hospital or Hotel as per the treatment advice communicated via email/fax/telephone.
Note: Ambulance arrangements can also be made for patients requiring assistance.
- We offer a range of in-patient accommodation from sharing rooms to Private rooms, Deluxe Rooms and Super Deluxe Rooms. All hospital rooms have been designed with the patients comfort and safety in mind.
- We provide for accommodation in cottages available within our Hospital premises. It caters to the special needs of patients, family and visitors of our Hospital.
- We also help with booking for stay in star Hotels near the Hospital.
- Multi-cuisine/Food arrangements
- As per the requirements of our patients, we arrange for food and beverages. Our dietary department shall arrange for food based on their nutritional assessment and taste preference.
The travels desk at our Hospital can help arrange tour of Chennai City. There are a number of tourist spots in and around Chennai for visit.
You can send us your medical reports or query to our email ID email@example.com or fill up the online enquiry form. We shall respond to you within 48 hours.
- Credit Cards/Debit Cards (Visa or Mastercard)
- Foreign Currencies
- Traveler’s Cheque
We also help with foreign currency exchange.
- The details regarding the follow-up and review would be given as part of the discharge advice.
- You can have a follow-up with your doctor at your country.
- You can communicate with us via email for any information or clarification.
- The patient and the attendant will have to carry a valid passport and visa
- Carry any other valid identity proof while travelling
- Credit cards / debit cards /traveler’s cheque, local currency
- Medical records (like X-rays, MRI, Scans etc), details including health history, prescriptions etc. Carry photographs and print-out of email correspondence if any.
Contact for details relating to Medical Tourism:
For further information, write to firstname.lastname@example.org