- The Endocrine department at our Hospital provides expert medical care to our patients with a wide range of endocrine conditions.
- Endocrinology addresses hormone balance and its potential disorders affecting growth, reproduction, development and responses to pressures and stress.
- An endocrinologist deals with diseases which affect the hormone-producing organs such as the thyroid gland and parathyroid gland, pancreas, pituitary gland (hypophysis), adrenal glands, sexual organs
- Both physical and laboratory examinations are carried out for a precise diagnosis of hormonal diseases.
- Depending on what the doctor suspects, the following diagnostic techniques may be applied:
- Ultrasound examination of the abdominal organs and/or thyroid gland
- X-ray of the skeletal system and the chest organs
- CT or MRT to examine the structure of the organs
- Echocardiogram of the heart
- Measurement of bone density using DEXA (examination of the hip and lumbar column)
- Doppler sonography of the vascular system of the brain and extremities
- Special examinations of hormone metabolism in the laboratory
- Diabetology addresses the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of diabetes mellitus and also research into it. The key basic types covered by this sub-field are diabetes mellitus type 1 and diabetes mellitus type
- Additionally, diabetes during pregnancy is treated.In addition, the diabetologist deals with the following secondary diseases:
- Diabetic foot syndrome
- Diabetic nephropathy
- Hyperglycemic or hypoglycemic shock
- Diabetic polyneuropathy
If diabetes brings on eye diseases, these must be further treated by an ophthalmology specialist.
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Obesity Related Problems
- Pubertal Disorders
- Menstrual Irregularities
- Thyroid Disorders
- Pituitary Disease
- Adrenal Disease
- Reproductive Disorders
MEET OUR DOCTORS
Dr. Anjali Sathya
MBBS., MD.,DNB(Gen.Med).,DNB Endocrine
Dr. Leelavathy Kandaswamy
MBBS, MRCP(UK), Diabetes & Endocrinology
Endocrinologist & Diabetologist
Dr. K. Uma Mahesh
MBBS., MDRC Diabetology
Dr. Bhuma Srinivasan
MBBS., A.B.(Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism)
Dr. Dhalapathy Sadacharan
MBBS., MS (Gen Surgery)., MCh (Endocrine Surgery)
Book an Appointment Now!
Please feel welcome to contact our friendly reception staff with any general or medical enquiry. Our doctors will receive or return any urgent calls.
- Experienced Specialist Doctors
- Excellent Nursing Care
- Excellent Patient Care
- Friendly Ambience
- Equal treatment