About Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
The Department of Vascular Surgery is a premier tertiary level provider of complete range of Vascular and Endovascular Surgical Services. At Vijaya Hospital, we offer a wide range of services encompassing all elements of vascular care as detailed below:
- Diagnostic screening, evaluations and medical management.
- Non-invasive vascular testing.
- Diagnostic angiography and endovascular therapeutics (minimally invasive procedures.)
- Surgical care including inpatient services and critical care.
- Meticulous follow-up and post-recovery rehabilitation.
The following are few of the common conditions treated at our Hospital:
- Treatment of carotid artery disease to prevent stroke.
- Treatment of diabetic foot and peripheral arterial disease of lower limb arteries.
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Varicose veins and venous disorders.
To optimize the patients’ vascular health, vascular surgeons also perform a variety of new, minimally invasive, catheter-based endovascular procedures in addition to traditional surgical approaches to therapy which includes stenting of the carotid artery, endovascular repair of abdominal or thoracic aortic aneurysms, atherectomy or angioplasty devices used to clear lower extremity arteries of plaque and less invasive laser treatment for varicose veins. Treated patients often quickly resume normal activities following short hospital stays.
The department offers the following services apart from round the clock vascular emergency services:
- Arterial Embolectomies
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
- Aorto Iliac Bypass Surgery
- Aorto Femoral Bypass Surgery
- Femero Popliteal Bypass Surgery
- Femero Tibial Surgery
- Carotid Endartrectomies (Stroke Prevention )
- Carotid Body Tumors Surgery
- Diabetic Foot Surgery
- Lumbar Sympathectomies
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Laser Ablation of Varicose Vein
- Thoracic outlet Syndrome Surgery
- Balloon Angioplasty Stenting (illiac /renal )
- IVC Filter
- EVAR Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- A.V. Malformation Angio Embolization
- Av Access Surgeries Therapeutic AV Fistula/AV Graft Access
- Vascular Trauma Surgery
- Amputation Major & Minor
- Diabetic foot Assesment
- Carrying out Thrombo prophylaxis in medically ii and post surgery patients
- Lymphoedema treatment
- Deep vein Thrombosis management
Meet Our Doctors
Dr S. R. Subrammaniyan
MBBS., MS (Gen.Surgery), MCh (Vascular Surgery), FRCS (Edinburgh)
Dr J. Amalorpavanathan
MBBS., DNB (General Surgery), MS (General Surgery), MCh (Vascular Surgery)
Prof. Dr M. Rajkumar MBBS., MS., DNB., Mch (Vascular)
Dr R. Shankar MBBS., MS., MCh., FRCS (Edinburgh)
Dr Saravana Prakash MBBS.,MD(Anaesthesia)., DA