- Affordable and inexpensive costs of medical care services, approximately 30 % to 70 % lower than the costs in the United States, make Health Tourism to India highly appealing to an overseas patient.
- Highly skilled, experienced and trained doctors, physicians and surgeons, of international fame and repute, perform the most complicated surgeries and procedures. Further, the doctors are supported by a strong, comprehensive and well trained paramedical force comprising of nurses, technicians, attendants, clinical coordinators, and nutritionists.
- The amenities offered by the hospitals are all state of the art, and the technological expertise utilized by the doctors is world class and latest.
- There is virtually zero wait time involved.
- Domestic healthcare majors besides having alliances with major Medical Institutions in the US and UK for Clinical Protocols, training and exchanges are now acquiring accreditation of their hospitals, allowing global Health Insurance Companies to send patients to their hospitals. With a $40 billion-plus Health Travelers market, growing at over 20% a year, there's no stopping India now.
Vijaya Medical & Educational Trust (VMET) consisting of Vijaya Hospital (VH), Vijaya Health Centre (VHC), Vijaya Institute of Trauma & Orthopaedics (VITO) and Vijaya Heart Foundation (VHF). The Hospital is one of the pioneering private health care institutions offering medical service to the people of Chennai. The trust was formed by Shri. B. Nagi Reddy, a recipient of Dada Saheb Phalke award and founder of Vijaya Vauhini Studios, one of the most reputed film studios in the country.
Established in 1972 Vijaya Hospitals have been providing quality medical service to the community. The Vijaya Health Centre was started in 1987, and Vijaya Heart Foundation in 1996 as a super speciality cardiac care centre. Since its inception in 1996, Vijaya Heart Foundation has grown from strength to strength, having performed more than 15,000 surgeries and is one of the leading centres in beating heart surgeries in India. The Department of Interventional Cardiology has also successfully performed more than 40,000 coronary angiograms and about 7500 coronary interventions.
Vijaya Institute of Trauma & Orthopaedics was subsequently established as a specialized centre for trauma & orthopaedic services. We are committed towards providing quality Healthcare for patients in India and abroad. As an NABH Accredited Hospital, we ensure high standards of service delivered.
For more details about our services and facilities kindly visit our website.
International Patient Services
Vijaya recognizes that International Patients have special needs and requirements. In order to provide a highly specialized service, Vijaya offers seamless patient services of world-class quality. From the warmth of our greeting at the airport, to your registration and discharge, we have created an unparalleled service in our Vijaya International Patient Service Centre Chennai.
As part of our International Patients Services, we provide the following:
- Second Medical Opinion Services
- Fill up the ‘Enquiry Form’ or mail us your query to email@example.com
- Our communication division will respond to your query.
- Airport Pick up and Drop Service
Once decided about visiting our Hospital for Treatment, we would require the following details in order to make arrangements for airport pick up:
- Date & Time of Arrival
- Name of the airline
- Flight Name & Number
On arrival, you will be received by our representative and taken to our Hospital or Hotel as per the treatment advice communicated via email / fax / telephone.
Note: Ambulance arrangements can also be made for patients requiring assistance.
- We offer a range of in-patient accommodation from sharing rooms to Private rooms, Deluxe Rooms and Super Deluxe Rooms. All hospital rooms have been designed with the patients comfort and safety in mind.
- We provide for accommodation in cottages available within our Hospital premises. It caters to the special needs of patients, family and visitors of our Hospital.
- We also help with booking for stay in star Hotels near the Hospital.
- Multi-cuisine/Food arrangements
- As per the requirements of our patients, we arrange for food and beverages. Our dietary department shall arrange for food based on their nutritional assessment and taste preference.
The travels desk at our Hospital can help arrange tour of Chennai City. There are a number of tourist spots in and around Chennai for visit.
How do I get a Medical Opinion?
You can send us your medical reports or query to our email ID firstname.lastname@example.org or fill up the online enquiry form. We shall respond to you within 48 hours.
What are the different modes of payment?
- Credit Cards/Debit Cards (Visa or Mastercard)
- Foreign Currencies
- Traveler’s Cheque
We also help with foreign currency exchange.
What are the things that I will have to carry during my visit to the Hospital?
The patient and the attendant will have to carry a valid passport and visa
Carry any other valid identity proof while travelling
Credit cards / debit cards /traveler’s cheque, local currency
Medical records (like X-rays, MRI, Scans etc), details including health history, prescriptions etc. Carry photographs and print-out of email correspondence if any.
How will I have a review after returning to my home country?
The details regarding the follow-up and review would be given as part of the discharge advice.
You can have a follow-up with your doctor at your country.
You can communicate with us via email for any information or clarification.
Contact for details relating to Medical Tourism:
Dr.Babu, MD, FHIVM, MBA, Medical Tourism Division, Mobile: +91-72992 52827
Ms.Vidya Mani, Medical Tourism Division, Mobile: +91-9940648142