The Department of Vascular Surgery is a premier tertiary level provider of complete range of Vascular and Endovascular Surgical Services. At Vijaya Hospital, we offer a wide range of services encompassing all elements of vascular care as detailed below:
- Diagnostic screening, evaluations and medical management.
- Non-invasive vascular testing.
- Diagnostic angiography and endovascular therapeutics (minimally invasive procedures.)
- Surgical care including inpatient services and critical care.
- Meticulous follow-up and post-recovery rehabilitation.
The following are few of the common conditions treated at our Hospital:
- Treatment of carotid artery disease to prevent stroke.
- Treatment of diabetic foot and peripheral arterial disease of lower limb arteries.
- Thoracic and abdominal aortic aneurysms.
- Varicose veins and venous disorders.
VASCULAR SURGERY (VH)
|Doctors Name||Professional Qualifications||Areas of Specialization||Experience|
|Dr S. R. Subrammaniyan
||MBBS., MS (Gen.Surgery), MCh (Vascular Surgery), FRCS (Edinburgh)||Vascular Surgery & Diabetic Foot - Revascularisation||Over 20 years of experience in Vascular Trauma, Renal Transplants, Vascular Reconstruction in Cancer Surgery, Edovascular procedures, Distal Bypass, Aneurysym Surgery, Organising Vascular Department.
Attended a number of workshops, conferences, CME etc.,
Published in a number of International Journal papers.
|Dr J. Amalorpavanathan
||MBBS., DNB (General Surgery), MS (General Surgery), MCh (Vascular Surgery)||Vascular Surgery & General Surgery||More than 10 years as Asst. Professor of General Surgery. More than 4 years as Prof. of Vascular Surgery.
MMC Achievement: Convener, Cadaver Transplant Programme, Govt. of Tamil Nadu.
|Prof. Dr M. Rajkumar
||MBBS., MS., DNB., Mch (Vascular)||Vascular Surgery & Diabetic Foot - Revascularisation||Special Achievements: Convenor, Vascular Surgery specialty, Medical Council of India.
Best Doctor Award - TN Dr. MGR Medical University.
Special Interest: Carotid surgery, stem cell therapy.
Diabetic foot revascularization.
Varicose Vein surgery RFA& Laser.
Nodovenous shunt for Lympedama.
|Dr R. Shankar
||MBBS., MS., MCh., FRCS (Edinburgh)||Vascular Surgery||Associated with Vijaya Hospitals as a Consultant Vascular Surgeon for over 15 years.
First Vascular Surgeon from India to be selected for the VSI - St.Mary’s Vascular Surgery Fellowship.
The department offers the following services apart from round the clock vascular emergency services:
- Arterial Embolectomies
- Aortic Aneurysm Surgery
- Aorto Iliac Bypass Surgery
- Aorto Femoral Bypass Surgery
- Femero Popliteal Bypass Surgery
- Femero Tibial Surgery
- Carotid Endartrectomies (Stroke Prevention )
- Carotid Body Tumors Surgery
- Diabetic Foot Surgery
- Lumbar Sympathectomies
- Varicose Vein Surgery
- Laser Ablation of Varicose Vein
- Thoracic outlet Syndrome Surgery
- Balloon Angioplasty Stenting (illiac /renal )
- IVC Filter
- EVAR Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
- A.V. Malformation Angio Embolization
- Av Access Surgeries Therapeutic AV Fistula/AV Graft Access
- Vascular Trauma Surgery
- Amputation Major & Minor
- Diabetic foot Assesment
- Carrying out Thrombo prophylaxis in medically ii and post surgery patients
- Lymphoedema treatment
- Deep vein Thrombosis management