The Department of Neurosurgery has surgeons who specialize in all phases of neurological surgery for comprehensive management of brain, spinal cord, and peripheral nerve diseases and disorders. The service offered is multidisciplinary in nature and provides a complete range of services for the diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of patients with neurological disorders.
The following are some of the procedures performed by the department
- Craniotomy for all Head Injuries
- VP Shunt / Theo Peritoneal Shunt
- Total excision of all tumors
- AVM excision of the Brain
- CVJ Anomaly Correction
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy
- Post Cervical
- Peripheral Nerve Injury repair
- Syringosubarachnoid shunt for syringomyelia
- All Paediatric Neurosurgical Procedures
- Spinal Cord Tumor Excision
- Various stabilisation procedures
- Anterior and Posterior Cervical fusion & Stabilisation
- Micro Vascular Decompression for trigerminal neuralgia
- Suboccipital craniotomy & excision of posterior fossa tumors
|Doctors Name||Professional Qualifications||Areas of Specialization||Experience|
|Dr Ranganathan Jothi
||MBBS., MCh (Neuro)., DNB (Neurosurgery)||Neurosurgery||Over 3 decades of experience in the field of Neurosurgery.
Former Professor and HOD of the Dept. of Neurosurgery at Madras Medical College.